1.1 This statement provides information on the policies of Hong Kong Motor City (“Company”) under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) of Hong Kong (“Ordinance”).
1.2 Terms used in this statement shall, unless otherwise specified, be construed in accordance with the Ordinance.
2. Purpose of collection of personal data
2.1 The provision of any personal data by you or on your behalf to the Company shall be voluntary and shall be deemed to authorize such members to collect, retain, update and use your personal data for the purpose of clause 2.2 below.
2.2 The personal data provided by you or on your behalf to the Company from time to time as well as all other personal data related to you collected and held by such member will be used for the following purposes:
- Arranging for vehicle registration, insurance, hire purchase and/or leasing of the vehicles;
- Operating daily for provision of goods, facilities and services to you;
- Providing additional goods, facilities and services to you as they may arise from time to time;
- Collecting outstanding amount payable by customers or assistance in conducting credit checks with other companies;
- Updating and verifying your identity and other information in accordance with relevant laws;
- Conducting statistics and market research for the purpose of providing products or services to you;
- Providing to the authorized service dealer granted by the above companies including but not limited to the Company, for conducting maintenance, repair and other after-sales services;
- Comparing the personal data provided by you with your other information possessed from time to time by any other member of Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited for verification purposes;
- Conducting financial audit;
- Achieving any other lawful purposes relating to any of the aforesaid purposes; and
- Enforcing any legal or other rights of the Company may have against you.
2.3 In the event that, in the opinion of the Company to which you provided personal data, is insufficient or the Company is not satisfied that such data is true and accurate, the Company reserves the right to refuse to withhold process of your application or provision of any service to you unless and until the personal data required by the Company is provided.
2.4 For the purposes stipulated in clause 2.2 above, any employee of the Company or any person retained by the Company shall be entitled to inspect the personal data provided by you.
3. Use of personal data
The Company will ensure the confidentiality of collected personal data but may provide such information to the following parties (including parties within as well as outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”)) for the purpose of implementing the “purpose of collection of personal data” mentioned above:
- Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, or other services to the Company and the Company’s customers;
- Any agent authorized by the Company from time to time to process personal data of the Company’s customers;
- Any business partner selected by the Company;
- Any other members of the Company, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
- Auditors, consultants or legal adviser(s) of the Company, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company; and
- Any of the actual or proposed assignees or transferees of the Company.
4. Duty of confidentiality
4.1 The Company shall exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal data provided by you shall be kept confidential and be placed in secure locations. The Company shall further exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity, prudence and competence of the persons who have access to such data.
4.2 In compliance with any law in Hong Kong, the Company may disclose the personal data provided by you to governmental authorities or other regulatory bodies or persons.
5. Special provisions for personal data held by the Company on the internet
5.1 By assessing the Company through its website (“Site”), you shall be deemed to agree to the terms and conditions in this statement.
5.2 All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company from time to time through the Site is stored in secure and safe storage.
5.3 The Company may use “cookies” on the Site so as to:
- Enable tighter security;
- Enable you to complete the application process;
- Personalize the Site for you; and
- Build online profile for you.
5.4 You may disallow “cookies” at any time on your web browser.
6. Your rights
6.1 In the event that you have objections to any use of the personal data in accordance with clause 2 or any provision or disclosure of such data in accordance with clause 3 above, please inform the Company to which you provided your personal data in writing. The address of the Company is stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and the Company. The Company shall cease the use and/or provision or disclosure of such data upon confirmation of your request.
6.2 Unless you request the Company to dispose all personal data provided by you, you acknowledge that the Company shall retain all such personal data and may continue to deliver to you marketing information even after cancellation or withdrawal of your application for membership of the Company, expiry of the warranty period of any goods supplied or service provided by the Company or completion of any sale of goods or provision of services by the Company (as the case may be).
7. Access and correction request
7.1 You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the Ordinance.
7.2 In the event that you intend to correct any personal data, please inform the Company in writing so that the Company shall be able to make the amendments accordingly.
7.3 Enquiries concerning the personal data collected, including access and corrections, should be addressed to the address stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and the Company or any other address from time to time stipulated by the Company.
7.4 In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. You agree to pay such fees.
8. Use of personal data in direct marketing
Our Company intends to use a customer's personal data in direct marketing and may not so use the data unless our Company has received the customer's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to such intended use. In this connection, please note that:
8.1 The name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, consumption preference, financial background and demographic data of the customer held by our Company from time to time may be used by our Company in direct marketing.
8.2 The following classes of goods, facilities, services, and other marketing subjects may be marketed by our Company, namely:
- Recreational and other activities, customers’ offers, registered members’ offers, redemption gifts and online shopping, relating to motor-vehicle users / owners, motor vehicles, parts & accessories and related products;
- Reward, loyalty or privileges programs and related services and products relating to motor-vehicle users / owners;
- Goods & services relating to motor maintenance & repairing; motor parts & accessories; motor leasing; fuel; transportation; traveling; accommodation; finance; insurance; credit card; banking; telecommunication, internet and mobile services; mobile phones and peripherals; computers and peripherals; printed matter and electronic media including books, magazines, newspapers & websites; entertainment; household; sporting equipment; consumer electronics; watches & jewellery; suitcases & bags; fashion & apparel; food & beverages; education; health and wellness; beauty & cosmetics; social networking; hobbies & interests; professional & counseling services; gifts; flowers; hampers; toys; baby & child caring;
- Donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profits making purposes.
8.3 The above goods, facilities, services and marketing subjects may be provided or solicited by our Company and/or:
- Any subsidiary, affiliate or associated company of Dah Chong Hong Holdings Limited;
- Any third party goods and/or services provider;
- Any third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme provider; and
- Any charitable organization.
8.4 In addition to marketing the above goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects by itself, our Company also intends to provide the above personal data to all or any of the persons described in sub-paragraph (iii) above for use by them or it in marketing those goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects, and our Company may not so provide the data unless our Company has received the customer's written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to the intended provision.
If the customer does not wish our Company to use or provide to any other persons his personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, the customer may exercise his opt-out right by notifying our Company, in which event our Company must, without charge to the customer, cease to use or provide to other persons the customer's personal data for use in direct marketing.
The customer may provide his consent to the Company's using or providing to other person his personal data for use in direct marketing as described above by notifying our Company's Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out below, or through such other channel which the customer may be advised of when providing personal data to our Company.
9. Data protection officer of our Company
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding our Company's privacy policies and practices and kinds of data held and for any other communications hereinabove described are to be addressed is as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
Hong Kong Motor City
DCH Building, 20 Kai Cheung Road, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.